Joint Statement of the State Board of Education and State Superintendent Mark Johnson on the Extended Closure of Public Schools
State of Emergency Announcement:
Inclusive List of Updates from All Government Entities in Jackson County
Cashiers Specific Updates surrounding COVID-19:
- Summit Charter School is updating their information daily here.
- Blue Ridge School Update on Food Delivery Schedule
- A word from Blue Ridge Free Dental Clinic.
- A group of dedicated volunteers in Cashiers has been working diligently to provide updates on resources in Cashiers – Cashiers Community Readiness.
State of Emergency Announcements:
Highlands Specific Updates surrounding COVID-19:
- Highlands-Cashiers Hospital virtual community forum will be held on Thursday 3/26 5:00-6:00 PM. To join, dial 877-228-2184 and enter PIN number 19449 when prompted. The transcript of last week’s forum is attached and a full recording of that call can be accessed here.
- Interview with Highlands Mayor (Updated Daily) Questions for Mayor Taylor can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Highlands-Cashiers Hospital, part of HCA has opened a COVID-19 hotline. Please call (833) 582-1974.
- Highlands-Cashiers Hospital CEO Tom Neal provided an update on our Highlands-Cashiers Hospital preparation during an interview with Mayor Taylor. Interview Here
Food Security on the Plateau
Highlands Food Pantry/International Friendship Center and Fishes & Loaves are both responding to the increased need for food security on the Plateau.
NC Center for Nonprofits has created a COVID-19 Pandemic Resources page here.