Highlands-Cashiers Health Foundation is seeking a qualified individual for the role of Marketing Specialist.
Position Title: Marketing Specialist
Scope of Position: The successful candidate will have a profound understanding of today’s current, rapidly evolving marketing environment. A broad scope of marketing and communications skills is required in the areas of social media, digital marketing, website creation, coding and updates, graphic design, and excellent writing and verbal communications. Experience with non-profit organizations, philanthropy, and grant-making is preferred. Job Summary: The Marketing Specialist assists in planning, coordinating and executing marketing communications and development activities to support the Foundation’s organizational objectives, as directed by the CEO/Executive Director and Director of Operations.
- Helps develop Marketing, Communications and Development Plan & Budget
- Develops, and implements content for social media marketing
- Develops and implements print materials
- Develops and implements digital online communications
- Develops, updates and maintains website content
- Writes copy for marketing materials, press releases and articles
- Liaises with media contacts
- Coordinates and executes Foundation engagements and events
- Tracks data to monitor and measure outcomes of marketing and development programs
- Coordinates stewardship program
- Maintains marketing materials inventory and archives
- Participates in community and civic activities
- Executes photography and videography
- Takes on-site photos and videos
- Complies with employee handbook guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
2. Education and Experience: Four-year college degree plus two years’ experience; or five years’ experience in marketing and communications.
- Understands the principles of marketing
- Knowledge of marketing tools and techniques
- Proficient in relevant computer applications
- Proficient in social media
3. Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, dynamic environment.
- Natural inclination for teamwork, cheerful outlook, open minded, and innovative.
Working at the Highlands Cashiers Health Foundation means joining a dedicated team who shares a genuine passion for lifting health and well-being together in our Highlands, Cashiers, and surrounding communities. Our dedicated staff members work with our board of directors, generous donors, community stake holders, volunteers, and grant-partner organizations to impact positive and lasting change. We value our team approach to creativity, continuous learning, and support for each other in our inspiring work to make a lasting and positive difference in peoples’ lives.